Thursday 25 August 2022

Enemy by Imagine Dragons

 The song Enemy by Imagine Dragons, in a press release,  the band's vocalist Dan Reynolds explained: "'Enemy' is about reconciling internal conflict in a world where it feels impossible to trust even yourself. In Arcane, two sisters' lives take them on different paths and leads to a division that threatens to tear an entire city apart

Imagine Dragons brought their Las Vegas-tinged brand of theatrical pop rock to The Tonight Show Tuesday with a performance of “Enemy.” The standalone single is the theme song for the Netflix animated series Arcane, which is inspired by the massively popular multiplayer online video game, League of Legends. 

You can download the easy alphanotes sheet music here


Below are the lyrics of the song. Enjoy!

Look out for yourself
I wake up to the sounds of the silence that allowsFor my mind to run around with my ear up to the groundI'm searching to behold the stories that are toldWhen my back is to the world that was smiling when I turned
Tell you, you're the greatestBut once you turn, they hate us
Oh, the miseryEverybody wants to be my enemySpare the sympathyEverybody wants to be my enemy
Look out for yourselfMy enemy
Look out for yourselfBut I'm ready
Your words up on the wall as you're praying for my fallAnd the laughter in the hallsAnd the names that I've been calledI stack it in my mind and I'm waiting for the timeWhen I show you what it's like to be words spit in a mic
Tell you, you're the greatestBut once you turn, they hate us (ha)
Oh, the miseryEverybody wants to be my enemySpare the sympathyEverybody wants to be my enemy
Look out for yourselfMy enemy (yeah)
Look out for yourself
Uh, look, okayI'm hoping that somebody pray for meI'm praying that somebody hope for meI'm staying where nobody 'posed to bePosted, being a wreck of emotionsReady to go whenever, just let me knowThe road is long, so put the pedal into the floorThe enemy on my trail, my energy unavailableI'ma tell 'em, "Hasta luego"
They wanna plot on my trot to the topI've been outta shape, thinkin' out the boxI'm an astronaut, I blasted off the planet rockTo cause catastrophe and it matters more because I had itAnd I had a thought about wreaking havoc on an opposition, kinda shockin'They want a static with precision, I'm automatic quarterbackI ain't talking sacking pack it, pack it up, I don't panic, batter-batter upWho the baddest? It don't matter 'cause we at ya throat
Everybody wants to be my enemySpare the sympathyEverybody wants to be my enemyOh, the miseryEverybody wants to be my enemySpare the sympathyEverybody wants to be my enemy (I swear)
Pray it away, I swear, I never be a saint, no wayMy enemyPray it away, I swear, I never be a saintLook out for yourself










No comments:

Post a Comment