Monday 2 August 2021

Like a Child

 "Like a Child" was written by Loretta Ellenberger. Loretta was born June 30, 1935 to the late Arvel Lee and Martha Eula Orr in Wylie, Co. Loretta married the love of her life, Dale Ellenberger on August 10, 1957 in Boulder, Co. She was a published gospel songwriter, a music teacher, choir director and an accomplished musician (clarinet, piano, and voice). Some of her songs include: Choose Life, Like A Child, Lo I am With You Always, and Our God is a Great God. She earned a Bachelor of Arts from University of Colorado in 1957. The family wishes to offer their thanks to the employees of Mission Hospice and Granbury Villa for their love and care during her final months. 

Loretta "Orr" Ellenberger, loving wife, mother and friend passed away Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at the age of 78.

She leaves behind a loving family so grateful for her love and support and she will be deeply missed. Loretta is preceded in death by her parents; son, Andrew Ellenberger; brother, Bernard Orr and sister, Louise Drake. Survivors: Husband, Dale Ellenberger; son, Mark Ellenberger and wife Anita; daughter, Melody Ellenberger; and many friends. 

To download the easy alphanotes and chords sheet music, look here. Enjoy!

Lyrics: 

Chorus:
Like a child that is quieted is my soul;
Like a child that is quieted is my soul;

1.Out of the depths I cry to Thee;
Lord you hear my plea,
And like a child that is quieted is my soul.
Like a child I am o so restless.
Like a child I cannot be still 
and know that you are ruler of us all
and you are there when I call;
Just like a child that is quieted is my soul.

Chorus 

2.And in your presence I can see
Christ in people around me,
And like a child that is quieted is my soul.
Like a child I long to trust you completely.
Like a child how I long to be 
so free to walk the straight and narrow way,
and in your presence to stay;
Just like a child that is quieted is my soul.






No comments:

Post a Comment