Saturday 23 October 2021

Depression Blues

Depression Blues song is about a coal miner, tells of hard times in the Great Depression of the 1930s. Miners go to work hungry, ragged and shoeless; when they go to the office for scrip, they're told they're behind and owe the company as the scale boss cheats them of their pay. The National Recovery Act offers hope, but the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional. Roosevelt declares a bank holiday; John L. Lewis wins the miners' battle; the singer urges listeners to join the U.M.W., saying the Depression is now gone.

To download the easy alphanotes and chords sheet music, look here. Enjoy!

Lyrics: 

1.If I could tell my troubles,
it may would give my po' heart ease,
If I could tell my troubles,
it may would give my po' heart ease,
But depress ions got me,
somebody help me please.

2. If I don't feel no better,
than I feel today,
 If I don't feel no better,
than I feel today,
I'm gonna pack my few clothes
and make my gateaway.






















No comments:

Post a Comment