Sunday 9 July 2023

The Lark In The Clear Air

 The Lark In The Clear Air is an Irish song and the lyrics by Sir Samuel Ferguson of Belfast circa 1850. The traditional tune ‘Caislean u, néill’ was collected by Lady Ferguson in the west of Ireland. 

To download the easy alphnotes sheet music, look here. Enjoy!

Lyrics:

Dear thoughts are in my mind
And my soul soars enchanted,
As I hear the sweet lark sing
In the clear air of the day.
For a tender beaming smile
To my hope has been granted,
And tomorrow she shall hear
All my fond heart would say.

I shall tell her all my love,
All my soul's adoration,
And I think she will hear
And will not say me nay.
It is this that gives my soul
All its joyous elation,
As I hear the sweet lark sing
In the clear air of the day.



























No comments:

Post a Comment