Thursday 3 August 2023

Trottin' To The Fair

Trottin' To The Fair was written by Alfred Perceval Graves (1846 - 1931), "Trottin' to the fair", appears in The Irish Poems of Alfred Perceval Graves, in Countryside Songs, and Songs and Ballads, first published 1908. 

To download the easy alphanotes sheet music look here. Enjoy!

Lyrics:
Trottin' to the fair
Me and Moll Molony,
Seated, I declare
On a single pony.
How am I to know that
Molly's safe behind,
With our heads in oh, that
Awkw'rd way inclined?
By her gentle breathin'
Whisper'd past my ear,
And her white arms wreathin'
Warm around me here.

Thus on Dobbin's back
I discoursed the darling,
Till upon our track
Leaped a mongrel snarling.
"Ah!" says Moll, "I'm frightened
That the pony'll start!"
And her pretty hands she tightened
Round my happy heart;
Till I axed her "May I
Steal a kiss or so?"
And my Molly's grey eye
Didn't answer no.
















No comments:

Post a Comment